The 2018 Massachusetts Republican Convention will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at the DCU Center in Worcester. With the Republican Party on the rise in Central Massachusetts and across the Commonwealth, the MassGOP is excited to have our Convention return to Worcester as we kick off the 2018 election cycle. The 2018 Convention will serve to endorse for nomination candidates for statewide office. The Convention will also serve as an opportunity for our Party to rally together as we prepare to WIN in 2018.
The Convention's primary role is to endorse statewide candidates for nomination ahead of the state primary election in September 2018. The Convention serves to endorse candidates for the Republican nomination for the offices of:
- United States Senator in Congress (Class I)
- Governor of the Commonwealth
- Lieutenant Governor of the Commonwealth
- Treasurer and Receiver-General
- Auditor of the Commonwealth
- Attorney General
- Secretary of the Commonwealth
Candidates who receive a majority of delegate votes at the convention will be considered the endorsed candidate of the Republican Party. Candidates must attain 15% of the delegates' vote on any ballot in order to qualify for ballot access for the state primary election.
Details For Attendees:
Convention Timeframe: Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Major Taylor Blvd. Municipal Garage: 30 Major Taylor Blvd. / (508) 792-0314
- Dwight Foster Parking: 27 Waldo St. / (508) 757-2703
- Exchange Street Parking: 10 Exchange St. / (508) 791-8586
- First American Realty Parking: 100 MLK Jr. Blvd. (formerly Central St.) / (508) 798-8844
- Pearl-Elm Municipal Garage: 20 Pearl St. / (508) 799-1463
- Worcester Common Garage: Eaton Place
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Worcester
- Holiday Inn Express - Worcester
Friday Evening Events
- Convention Rules: The Convention Rules were adopted unanimously by the State Committee on September 13, 2017. Click here to view the full Convention Rules.
- Allocation: A listing of the total number of delegates allocated to each town and ward committee, in accordance with the Convention Rules. Click here to see the allocation.
- MassGOP Bylaws Appendix III: Go directly to the section of the MassGOP Bylaws pertaining to the organization of local committees. Click here to see Appendix III.
- MassGOP Bylaws: See the entire Bylaws document. Click here.